Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Welcome Wendi Zwaduk!

Let me introduce you all to fellow Wild Rose Press author and much loved critique partner, Wendi Zwaduk. Wendi always dreamed of writing the stories in her head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are her favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line.

She earned a BA in education at Kent State university and currently holds a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University. She loves, NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and her menagery of animals.

Now, tell us a bit about your latest full length release Right Where I Need to Be.
 
She's a shy author. He's a callous Hollywood actor. Boy meets girl, boy falls for girl, girl rebukes boy and sends him into a new orbit because he's head over heels for her. Not to mention the gun wielding ex-husband and the oversexed producer trying to move in on the domestic bliss.
 
Oooh! Sounds good. I have to admit, I've read this book several times and I just loved it. Logan Malone certainly did it for me! By the way, I looove the abs on that cover!
 
Is this the only book you have published?
 
I have a short story pubbed with Total E Bound, called Learning How to Bend. The follow up to that one comes out in June and is called Must Be Doing Something Right. The follow up to Right is currently in the hands of my CP.
 
Are you a plotter or a panster? Give us a little insight into the way you write your books.
 
Both. I tend to write a plan out of what I think the characters will do, but usually it changes when the character get free reign. And the plan NEVER looks like the finished product.
 
Who/what would be your greatest inspiration?
 
Oh, man. Although I'd like to say it was a writer, my greatest inspiration is music. I hear certain songs and come up with the storylines. And you can take the same song and twist it in lots of different directions and come up with multiple stories. Very versatile.
 
Do you only write contemporary romance? Could there be any stories outside your genre down the track?
 
I write contemporary, but I like to add erotica to the mix. Recently I had a paranormal story contracted and am working on the follow-up. Honestly, I just go in the direction the characters take me... if they want something hotter, then I let them go at it.
 
(clears throat) Your stories are so hot they could be erotica, now.
 
I know you’re quite a prolific writer. You always have up to 6 projects running at the same time. How do you keep up with them all?
 
Simple. I don't. There are huge arguements going in my head. I was asked once what I did to relax. Those who know me best say, "You don't know HOW to relax." They aren't kidding. I can't sit still. I have a journal that goes with me everywhere so I can jot down ideas for stories and bits for stories that need something. Is it all good? Nah. Most of the time its crap. But, I keep at it. Once in a while there are gems in the rough. :)
 
What’s next in the world of writing and publishing for Wendi Zwaduk?

I'm currently working on Tangled Up, a m/f/m story with m/m mixed in. It follows Must Be Doing Something Right. I'm also working on Please Remember Me... that's the contemp follow-up to Right. And to keep things fun, I'm working on a follow up to My Immortal, my vampire story. It's not named yet... Sheesh. Reading that makes me tired and it's my stuff.

Where on the web can we find you and your books?
http://www.wendizwaduk.com/
http://www.wildrosepress.com/
http://www.total-e-bound.com/


Blurb:  Sometimes the love of your life isn’t the one you expect, but he’s the one you need.

Cass Jensen needs an actor for her made for TV movie. The previous actor dropped out, leaving her stranded. Her savior shows up looking sinfully sexy and totally right for the part, but what part is she auditioning him for? Her movie or her bed?

Logan Malone needs an acting job and fast. With his string of broken hearts, his professional life lies in shambles. To resurrect his career, he must audition for a television role which could be the job of a lifetime. That is, if he can work with distraction and Cass is a major distraction with a heart of gold. Is their budding relationship enough to survive separation, lies, and a couple zany fans?


Excerpt:  Logan’s hand caressed her shoulder. “Can I help you finish? You and your friend should be sipping margaritas and ordering the lawn boy around, not sweating yourselves to death.”

She raised her brows. “You thought being a movie star meant you were entitled, that’s what.”

A wolfish grin curled his lips. Flecks of gold lit his hazel eyes, sending a fresh rush of lust to her core. He leaned in very close to her ear. “Maybe.”

She took a fortifying breath and fought the urge to taste him. Damn that cologne. Her heart skipped a beat. She donned her best sultry smile. Two could play his game. “Really?”

He nodded. She licked her dry lips. How could one man be so irritating and damn sexy at the same time? She scooted close enough so her bare knee brushed against his denim-clad thigh. Firm muscles without an ounce of fat. Ooh. “Do you want to explore?”

“Uh-huh.”

Cass took his hand, teasing his palm with her fingers and caressing the creases in his skin. His voice went from friendly to sexy in an instant, making her thighs quiver with excitement. “Cass.”

“Yes.” She bit her bottom lip and filled his hand. “Okay. Explore to your little heart’s content.”

His eyes opened wide before he scrunched his brows. “Keys?”

Cass grinned. “Yep.”

His blank expression turned into a frown. “For what?”

She patted his thigh and stood up. “The mower. Tell me when you finish. I’ve got an acre in the back that’s got your name on it.”

Thank you so much, Wendi, for giving us an insight into your world of writing.

2 comments:

  1. I so relate to your finding music an inspiration Wendy. I often find myself doing this too--along with having several projects going at once! The book sounds fantastic, there are so few featuring actor heroes but they interest me. I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it Sami. Thanks for having me here. Kiss, you're a loved CP, too! :)

    I have an idea for the next story, but Logan's not so.... flambuoyant. He gets to get back to his full-of-himself-actor-persona soon, tho.

    ReplyDelete