Thursday, August 26, 2010

Five Reasons I Love Writers Conferences

1. Getting together with friends and other like minded types I usually only 'see' online. Rapid fire dialogue was the theme of the RWAs Sydney conference, held a couple of weeks ago.

2. International Guest Speakers. Debra Dixon, legendary author of Goal Motivation and Conflict, came all the way from the US to share her wisdom and inspire us with her positive attitude and motivational words. I missed the Friday session sadly :(, but Zoe and Letitia assures me it was excellent.

3. Fan Girl moments. I've had a Vicki Lewis Thompson Blaze novel sitting on my keeper shelf for ten years and I actually got her to sign it! How cool is that?

4. Anticipation. I think everyone is already eagerly awaiting next year's Melbourne event. Rumour has it Susan Wiggs and Bob Mayer will be among the fantastic speakers on offer. I'm already saving my pennies.

5. Well... everything else! The food, the view, the wine, the food (again), getting away from the kids for some 'me' time, the wine (again).

Can't wait for next year!

Sami

1 comment: