Friday, September 3, 2010

Here's a Good'n

Word of the Day for Thursday, September 2, 2010



bilocation \bahy-loh-KEY-shuhn\, noun:


The state of being or the ability to be in two places at the same time
Well, I need me some of this bilocation business. Then I could be in with my toddler right now, discussing the meaning of life as she seems determined to do during what's supposed to be her nap time. I could have spent the morning writing as well as what I actually did, which is baking cupcakes to the soundtrack of Cherub's wails of indignation that the cupcakes weren't actually for HER. Instead they're for the Princess's school fair, which will block out some time tomorrow--that is to say ALL of tomorrow.

Wouldn't it be great if I could spend the day relaxing at the fair, enjoying the shows and the cake stalls (yes, those are my delicious looking cakes, the fairest of them all at the fair, if I can be so bold), and still have time to get some words on the page, post a blog, update facebook and twitter, AND cook dinner for the family, including mother-in-law who hubby has just decided to invite around, not to mention do the 2+ loads of washing I usually do on Saturday, feed the dog, actually stop and pat the dog which is an increasingly rare occurrence, clean the bathroom, tidy the kitchen table which more and more resembles the local tip and do the requisite 30 mins of excersise a day that the heart foundation or whomever those goody-two-shoes are recommends and insists is SO EASY to fit in to our daily lives.

Sure it's easy--if you've got the power to bilocate.

Sami (who just realised she hasn't organised hubby a father's day present yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment