Sunday, January 30, 2011

How do you procrastinate?

If I say so myself, I am the Queen of Procrastination. So many things suddenly need doing: de-flea the cat, scratch the bird, fill the ice cube container, check the mail even though it came two hours ago (you never know, the mailman might have forgotten something), read the back cover blurbs of every book I own, including the books I wrote...Could my procrastinating get any worse?

Happily...Yes! Well, this week, anyway. On Friday night, my insistence that my family were missing out on home baked goodies fueled my procrastination. On Friday night, I even surprised myself. I made Cinnamon Scrolls. OMG!!!

For all your yummy pleasure, I have included the recipe I used, which is a combination of two recipes I found online. Bless the internet.

This recipe needs the use of a bread machine and makes about 12 scrolls.

CINNAMON SCROLLS

1 cup milk
1 egg
4 tablespoons margarine
3 cups plain flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons dry yeast

Filling

3/4 cup brown sugar
1-2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
70g butter softened

Icing

1 cup icing sugar
1-3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Add ingredients to bread machine (usually yeast on bottom, then dry ingredients, then wet ingredients). Program maker for the dough cycle (1 1/2 hours or so).
When cycle is done, place dough on floured surface.
Knead dough about 1 minute, then let rest 15 minutes.
Mix brown sugar, cinnamon sugar and butter together.
Roll dough into a rectangle, about 35cm x 15cm.
Spread brown sugar, cinnamon sugar and butter mixture onto the dough
Roll dough up tightly on long side.
Press edges to seal and form into an evenly shaped roll. Carefully cut roll into 2cm pieces.
Place rolls cut side down into a greased baking pan.
Cover and let rise in warm, draft free place until double in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.

Bake in preheated 180 degrees C oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool in pan on rack for 10 to 15 minutes.

Combine icing sugar with 1-2 tablespoons of milk and vanilla.
Add more milk or icing sugar until desired consistency is reached.
Drizzle mixture over hot scrolls

Don't wait! Eat them hot! OMG!!! Yum! I'll be making these for the Romantix get together on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Now that I have seen the scrolls I'm doubly looking forward to having one soon! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I procrastinate by reading blogs :)))

    ReplyDelete